The Manchester Area Chamber of Commerce has averaged 100 members over the last several years. Our membership consists of local and regional for-profit businesses, non-profit organizations, local governments, and interested individuals. We are registered with the state of Michigan as a 501(c) 6 non-profit organization, and operate under approved by-laws with the totally volunteer participation of the elected officers, board of trustees and membership.
The Chamber has no paid staff and operates on a budget. Our officers and board members perform Chamber work from their home or business locations, and we have our regular monthly membership meetings at 12:00 noon on the second Monday of each month, except December, at in the Village Room, 912 City Rd.
We increased our chamber membership during 2012, a time when road construction occurred during the majority of the year. We believe our low dues, volunteer basis and our involvement with the community help support this. Annual dues are $50 for regular membership and $100 for Premier membership. Please click the link below to download an application.
JOIN THE CHAMBER
The Manchester Area Chamber of Commerce serves to promote and stimulate the commercial vitality of its members, who consist of local businesses, service organizations and individual located in or near Manchester. Our goals are:
- To sponsor and host business and social activities which educate the public on members’ products and services
- To increase traffic and commerce in Manchester
- To inform members on best business practices and educational tools available, and
- To speak as a unified voice concerning matters affecting our members.
- Promotion of your business or organization in Chamber publications, news releases, sponsored events, welcome packets. This includes our display booth at the Manchester Mill, our web site with hot links, our Facebook fan page, the chamber logo and bold print for your name in Manchester CRG phone directory, and business card advertising for Premier Members on our web site and in our brochure.
- A display case for your business literature in the lobby of the Manchester Mill downtown.
Referrals to your business by persons contacting the Chamber by phone, e-mail or in person.
- The collective power of the Chamber’s voice representing your interests in community affairs.
- The community of networking and sharing information with other chamber members at monthly meetings with informative programs, at community events, and via the Washtenaw Council of Chambers with other local communities.
- Unlimited use of the Chamber’s U.S. Post Office Bulk Mailing Permit
- Promotion via the Ann Arbor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau web site and publications.
- Receipt of a membership window cling with QR code directing individuals to the Chamber website.
- Opportunities for attendance at small business classes and seminars on pertinent business best practices
- Membership access to Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield.